Nonbinary Week takes place each year from Sunday-Saturday surrounding International Non-Binary People’s Day on July 14th. Not sure where to start your learning? Check out great resources from PFLAG National and our partners!
PFLAG Academy Online On Demand
- What the +?: Understanding and Supporting Expansive LGBTQ+ Identities
- Health Risk Behaviors among Gender Expansive Students
- Our Trans & Nonbinary Loved Ones: Owning Your Role in Creating More Inclusive PFLAG Chapters
PFLAG National Blogs
Additional PFLAG National Resources
- Our Trans Loved Ones (disponible en espanol)
- the guide to being a trans ally
- Straight for Equality: Trans Ally Materials
- Nonbinary: Memoirs of Gender and Identity
- They/Them/Their: A Guide to Nonbinary and Genderqueer Identities
- The Gender Book
- Gender Diversity and Nonbinary Inclusion in the Workplace
- "Want to be an ally this Trans Day of Visibility? Start with my pronouns." from Medium, by PFLAG National staffer Rakhel Silverman.
- "The history of nonbinary genders is longer than you know" from thetempest.co
- “How Do I Use Your Pronouns Correctly?” from MyPronouns.org.
- “5 People Share What It Feels Like To Have Their Pronouns Affirmed” from Jamie LeClaire.
- “What You’re Actually Saying When You Ignore Someone’s Gender Pronouns” from Sam Dylan Finch with this graphic to summarize.
- “Agender People Debunk Myths About Their Identities” from Serena Sonoma.
- “Genderqueer and Non-Binary Genders,” a book edited by Christina Richards, Walter Pierre Bouman, and Meg-John Barker. Read it for free here.
- “Doctors Using a Transgender Patient’s Correct Pronouns is a Life or Death Matter,” from Teen Vogue