Lobbying is hotter than ever. Elected officials' phone lines are busy, there are lines outside of offices, and emails are flooding in. And while PFLAGers have always been legislative advocates, now is the time to supercharge your advocacy skills!
Whether you're a seasoned advocate with your legislators on speed dial, or if you're excited but intimidated, you'll learn ways to build your skills, educate others, and fine-tune your efforts.
In this workshop you’ll:
- Review the Dos and Don’ts of political advocacy for PFLAG chapters and members
- Discuss effective tactics for influencing your elected representatives through a variety of outlets including:
- DC and in-district office visits
- Town Hall meetings and community events
- Phone calls, letters, and emails
- Social media
- Learn how to build your personal advocacy story to influence change (and your legislators)!
- Shy? Introverted? Get tips for getting over your nerves and out to lobby.