We have the opportunity to raise $80K again this year, and you can help! We have been selected again as one of a handful of organizations to participate in a full year of Donate a Photo, the campaign from Johnson & Johnson that donates $1 to PFLAG for every photo donated. You can donate one photo, every day, for the rest of 2019. With it being so early in the year, just 250 photos a day between now and December 31st will get us the full $80K...but we really need your help to make it happen.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the Donate a Photo app on your phone, available for both iPhone and Android.
- Open the app.
- Sign up
- Check USA and next
- If you've already used the app previously, login. If not, choose to sign up with facebook, twitter, or your email address. Choose a profile photo, if you want to. Note: If you sign up with your social media accounts, it's a VERY easy way to share immediately without having to do anything else. If you don't do that here, you'll have an opportunity to link your accounts in the final step.
- Select the PFLAG cause. It should come up as one of the top causes, but you may need to scroll to find it.
- Click the big red "donate now" button at the bottom of the screen.
Give the app permission to access your photos - that's the only way to donate them.
- Select the photo from your own photo library that you want to donate - it can be anything - then click next.
- In the "Tell us about your photo" section share something about the photo. PFLAG related--or not--is fine.
- Add the hashtag #donateaphoto using the one-click button. Please also add #EqualityStartsWithMe to your message.
- Under Share, click the social accounts you want to share to; Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are all available. If you have them all, use them all!
- Click share!
To learn more about our cause, visit donateaphoto.com/en_US/cause/pflag-2019. Thank you for supporting and please share this with your chapter members!