The Equality Act is making news again – introduced in February, passed in the House as a bipartisan bill, and now active in the Senate. It is crucial federal legislation that will provide protections for our LGBTQ+ loved ones. Please join PFLAG National to learn more about the Equality Act, why it's important now, and what we can expect as the bill moves through the 117th Congress.
In this session, participants will:
- Acquire detailed talking points to make the case for the Equality Act and counter anti-equality arguments;
- Discuss the many ways PFLAGers can take action to support the Equality Act's passage;
- Learn how to share their story with legislators and other changemakers (virtually and in-person);
- Review the do’s and don’ts of advocacy for PFLAG chapters and leaders, and;
- Get access to resources from PFLAG and our partners to support their advocacy work.