Parents of LGBTQ+ children from Asian, Latinx, and African American backgrounds will share their stories of transforming parent’s fear, shame, and guilt into unconditional love and acceptance for their children and their broader LGBTQ+ communities.
Thanks for participating in PFLAG Academy Online! One of our key goals is to help you take the information that you learned in this session and use it to make your chapter stronger and more effective. To do that, we’ve created this page to provide you with tools, resources, and references to materials mentioned in the workshop. As always, the PFLAG National staff is here to help. If you have any questions, comments, or just need some good advice, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Presented by the PFLAG National Board Diversity & Inclusion Committee. This includes Kelly Brooks-Hailey, Blanca Leos, Robert Marchman, Sung Tse, and Marilyn Willis. Access their full bios here: pflag.org/familyacceptance-May2020.
COVID Impact Resources:
- HRC: The Lives and Livelihoods of Many in the LGBTQ Community are at Risk Amidst COVID-19 Crisis
- The Trevor Project: Implications of COVID-19 for LGBTQ Youth Mental Health & Suicide Prevention
- United Nations Human Rights: COVID-19 and the Human Rights of LGBTI People
- LGBTQ Funding Resources in the COVID-19 Response
- PFLAG San Gabriel Valley Asian Pacific Islander
- PFLAG Los Angeles (En Espanol)
- PFLAG San Diego County (En Espanol)
- PFLAG Greater Boston (En Espanol)
- Native PFLAG
- API Rainbow Parents of PFLAG NYC
- 7 ways to be a better ally to transgender women of color
- 4 Unique Struggles That Queer and Trans People of Color Have to Deal With
- Familia Trans Queer Liberation Movement
- Dismantling Racism
- Desi Rainbow Parents & Allies
Additional PFLAG Academy Online Sessions focused on Diversity & Inclusion:
- Powerful Partnerships: Making Diversity & Inclusion Successful in PFLAG Chapters
- But I'm Not a Racist! Reframing Diversity Efforts in PFLAG Chapters