PFLAG is the first and largest organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) people, their parents and families, and allies.
Thinking about using a TV series to create an active discussion with chapter members? This list should help you get started. While in many cases we’ve included links for purchase, PFLAG National also recommends checking out streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Instant Video, where many of these titles can be accessed by subscribers!
This is not a comprehensive list - the possibilities truly are endless. If you have a series you’d like to suggest please contact Jamie Henkel ([email protected]).
Not sure what questions to ask as part of your book club program? Start by asking your readers if anyone would like to lead the conversation – someone who loves your selection might have great ideas for discussion. If not, here are a few general questions that can get any book club discussion rolling.
- What did you like best about this book?
- What did you dislike, or like least about the book?
- If you could ask the author of this book one question, what would it be?
- What feelings did reading this evoke for you?
- Would you suggest this book to someone? Why or why not?
- What do you think the author’s intention was when writing the book?