PFLAG is the first and largest organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) people, their parents and families, and allies.
In 2015, PFLAG National launched PFLAG Gives Back as an integral part of our biennial convention and the program has only grown since then. Furthermore, PFLAG chapters have been giving back to the communities they are a part of for 45+ years. Thanks to the generous support of the Subaru of America Foundation, Inc., we’ve been able to collect lessons learned, better practices, and project ideas to create a new resource that will help you develop volunteer events and community service projects with your chapter.
We’re offering a brand new guide, PFLAG Gives Back: A Guide to Chapter-Based Community Service Projects, as a way for you to build on and expand on PFLAG’s long history of service. In the guide, you will find a collection of ideas and instructions for projects that will help your chapter give back in a way that is responsive to your community’s needs while staying true to PFLAG’s mission.
Access resources for PFLAG Gives Back your projects now:
- Download and share PFLAG Gives Back: A Guide to Chapter-Based Community Service Projects (PDF).
- Two New DIY Projects for PFLAG Chapters (PDF).
- Download the PFLAG Gives Back with Pride Logo (JPG).
- Download the PFLAG Gives Back Logo (JPG).
- Download, personalize, and print PFLAG Labels (Word) to place on the hygiene and/or first aid kits your chapter creates.
- Download, personalize, and print Thank You Sheet (PPT) to insert in gift bags for first responders.
- Watch the PFLAG Academy On Demand session about PFLAG Gives Back (recorded February 2020).
- Shop the PFLAG Logo Store to purchase PFLAG stickers to use in a variety of PFLAG Gives Back projects.
- Shop the PFLAG Apparel & Merchandise Store if you'd like to provide on-site volunteers with something to help them represent PFLAG.
- Shop the PFLAG Bookstore if you'd like to include PFLAG literature with your donations.
Maintain Social Distancing:
Please take the time to consult recommendations of the CDC, local health officials, and scientific and medical experts and to follow their lead in terms of the safety of in person volunteer and group activities. The safety of your members should be your top priority.
We need your help!
Tell us about your PFLAG Gives Back projects so we can share more ideas and success stories to inspire even more people to participate. Send your stories and photos to PFLAG’s Chapter Engagement team and don’t forget to share your photos with PFLAG National on social media using tags like #PFLAGGivesBack, #PFLAG, and #EqualityStartsWithMe.