PFLAG chapters support families, educate their community about the issues their loved ones face, and advocate for LGBTQ+ equality. Allies have become an integral part of that work as chapters work to expand their reach, build coalition, and engage new donors, supporters, and even members.
In this session you’ll:
- Understand more about PFLAG’s theory of change, how it helped inform the creation of the Straight for Equality project in 2007, and how it can be utilized to motivate allies to get involved
- Review the top five lessons that Straight for Equality has learned about inviting, educating, and engaging allies over more than a decade of ally focused work
- Identify best practices for working with allies, how you can apply those lessons to new and existing programs, and create opportunities for allies to support your chapter
- Participate in a highly interactive discussion putting what you’ve learned to work by navigating ally engagement scenarios
- Get access to Straight for Equality resources and learn about what’s next from PFLAG’s Learning & Inclusion team