Founded in 1973, PFLAG is the first and largest organization dedicated to supporting, educating, and advocating for LGBTQ+ people and their families. PFLAG’s network of hundreds of chapters and more than 325,000 members and supporters works to create a caring, just, and affirming world for LGBTQ+ people and those who love them.
PFLAG is an extraordinary grassroots organization with a growing network of members in the United States and abroad. The foundation of this network is our chapters. Our network is currently 400 strong and continues to grow every year. Chapters benefit from the credibility and stature built by more than 40 years of work from PFLAG members. When you start a chapter, you'll join an extended family of people working together to make all of our communities fair and safe places.
- Access to PFLAG's volunteer and staff resources including trainings, conferences, and written materials
- Discount registration costs for the PFLAG National Convention and other events
- Organizing tools including project and issue-specific talking points, toolkits, and resources
- Organizational materials including use of the PFLAG logo
- Nonprofit status and the ability to accept tax-deductible donations
Chapters are made up of three or more individuals working together to further PFLAG's goals. You'll need to complete chapter affiliation training and paperwork to start a PFLAG chapter. Please complete the form below to learn how to get started or reach out to Angel Kearns at [email protected].