Being a PFLAG chapter treasurer is about paying the bills…and so much more! Board treasurers are critical to establishing a strong board and PFLAG chapter. In this session, you’ll learn about the core skills of being a PFLAG treasurer, find out about the key responsibilities of this role, and how the role has changed since the launch of the Chapter Hub in Salesforce.
In this workshop you’ll:
- Learn more about the qualities, skills, and habits of a successful board treasurer
- Walk through some of the annual responsibilities that will likely be a part of your board treasurer’s job description
- Discuss how those responsibilities may have changed since the launch of the Chapter Hub
- Consider one model for establishing a chapter’s annual budget, accepting and dispersing funds, and maintaining financial records
- Identify best practices, checks and balances, and other mechanisms to ensure the financial health of your chapter.
Already a treasurer? Learn more about the changes you’ll see in the new Chapter Hub.
Considering a role as a chapter treasurer? Learn about what it takes and what tech skills you’ll need to be successful.
Are you a chapter board member? Find out how to identify good treasurer candidates and support them in their work.