Founded in 1973, PFLAG is the first and largest organization dedicated to supporting, educating, and advocating for LGBTQ+ people and their families. PFLAG’s network of hundreds of chapters and more than 325,000 members and supporters works to create a caring, just, and affirming world for LGBTQ+ people and those who love them.
Chad is a tax partner in KPMG’s Houston Business Tax Services practice. He has more than 23 years of experience in providing tax planning and compliance services to public and privately held clients.
Professional and industry experience
Chad is responsible for a broad range of U.S. domestic, multi-national and foreign-owned clients doing business as consolidated groups, single entities or joint ventures. Chad has worked with a wide range of complex tax matters relating to his clients’ businesses. Chad has extensive experience with financial accounting for income taxes under both ASC 740 (formerly FAS 109) and IAS 12. Chad also has financial accounting experience with U.S. GAAP, IFRS, foreign registrants’ adoption of SEC regulations and Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404.
Chad’s current and past clients include leaders across the energy industry, to which he provides tax planning advice, compliance services and provision assistance. Chad has gained a deep knowledge of multiple sectors of the energy industry by working with clients involved in chemicals, natural gas processing, oil and gas production, power and utilities, refining, renewable energy, and transmission.
- Chad is a member of KPMG’s ASC 740 Resource Network
- Chad is the Southwest Area Tax Lead for IFRS Implementation
- Chad is a technical resource in the area of oil and gas taxation
Publications and speaking engagements
- Contributing author for KPMG’s Income Taxation of Natural Resources
- Speaker at Tax Executives Institute and American Petroleum Institute
- Guest lecturer at The University of Texas at Austin- McCombs School of Business, Texas A&M University- Mays Business School and University of Houston - Bauer College of Business teaching ASC 740 and Oil & Gas Taxation
- Guest lecturer at University of Texas at Dallas teaching ”International Taxation of Petroleum Enterprises” for the Advanced International Program in Oil & Gas Financial Management
- Speaker and panelist at numerous diversity forums and events
- KPMG Pride Advisory Board Chair, KPMG Inclusion & Diversity Advisory Board Member, and Houston office Founding Partner Champion for [email protected]
- Tax campus recruiting lead for Houston office
- KPMG National Instructor for Tax Topics, ASC 740 & IAS 12, Senior Associate Academy and New Manager Forum
- Board of Trustee member for Houston Ballet
- Board Member for PFLAG National
- KPMG National People, Strategy and Engagement Committee Member
- Steering committee and instructor for KPMG’s International Energy and Natural Resources Master Class
- Prior Houston office Partner Champion for the United Way Giving Campaign
Prior Board of Trustee Member for the Contemporary Arts Museum of Houston