Sharing Your Story to Create Change Recording & Training Toolkit
Knowing how to shape and effectively tell our PFLAG stories to create real and lasting change is a skill that separates the talkers from activists and activists. This highly interactive – 75 minute – session will encourage participants to pick a personal experience and develop it into an engaging, must-hear narrative that can help change hearts and minds in our communities, statehouses, and more.
One of our key goals is to help you take the information that you learned in this session and use it to make your chapter stronger and more effective. To do that, we’ve created this page to provide you with tools, resources, and references to materials mentioned in the workshop. As always, the PFLAG National staff is here to help. If you have any questions, comments, or just need some good advice, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- PFLAG National: How To Change the World in Two Minutes – Sharing Your Story for Equality (PDF)
Share Your Story with PFLAG National:
Write a letter to your child, write a story, share a photo with a short statement, or send us a short video — we LOVE videos! — and we’ll share it across social media. You can send materials to Liz Owen, Director of Communications, at [email protected], or share it yourself on social media with the hashtags like #LeadWithLove and we’ll do the rest.
- Toastmasters International: Pride Toastmasters
- Story Corps: LGBTQ+
- PFLAG: Preparing for Advocacy – Sharing Your Story
- Network for Good: How to Present Stories That Attract Donors, Win Support, and Raise Money
LGBTQ+ Story Archives:
- TMI Project: Queer Stories of Survival
- I’m From Driftwood: The LGBTQIA+ Story Archive
- When I Came Out: Over 2400 stories. Every coming out story is unique. What’s yours?