Supporting Trans & Nonbinary Loved Ones: What Would You Do? Recording & Training Toolkit
People who are transgender and nonbinary (and their affirming families) are under attack – in state legislatures, in the media, and in schools. There has never been a greater need to have educated and engaged allies fighting for equality. In this session, we’ll review what advocates need to know to fight for their trans and nonbinary loved one. Then we’ll put what we’ve learned to work, navigating real-world scenarios.
Thanks for participating in PFLAG Academy Online! One of our key goals is to help you take the information that you learned in this session and use it to make your chapter stronger and more effective. To do that, we’ve created this page to provide you with tools, resources, and references to materials mentioned in the workshop. As always, the PFLAG National staff is here to help. If you have any questions, comments, or just need some good advice, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- the guide to being a trans ally
- Our Trans Loved Ones
- Nuestros Seres Queridos Trans
- 10 Things You Can Do to Be Trans Ally
- Breaking Binaries Worksheet
- Pronouns: Beyond the Basics
- Pronouns: Why They Matter
- Something to Talk About Live
PFLAG Academy On-Demand:
- What the +?: Understanding and Supporting Expansive LGBTQ+ Identities
- Our Trans & Nonbinary Loved Ones: Owning Your Role in Creating More Inclusive PFLAG Chapters
- Straight for Equality: Becoming a Trans Ally
- LGBTQ Sex Ed: Health, Rights, and Pleasure