Nonbinary Awareness Week takes place each year from Sunday-Saturday surrounding International Nonbinary People’s Day on July 14th. Not sure where to start your learning? Check out great resources from PFLAG National and our partners!
PFLAG Academy Online On Demand
- What the +?: Understanding and Supporting Expansive LGBTQ+ Identities
- Supporting Trans & Nonbinary Loved Ones: What Would You Do?
PFLAG National Blogs
Additional PFLAG National Resources
- Our Trans Loved Ones (disponible en espanol)
- the guide to being a trans ally
- Straight for Equality: Ally Materials
- Gender Spectrum
- Gender Diversity
- Gender Creative Kids
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- Nonbinary: Memoirs of Gender and Identity
- They/Them/Their: A Guide to Nonbinary and Genderqueer Identities
- The Gender Book
- Gender Diversity and Nonbinary Inclusion in the Workplace
- “Want to be an ally this Trans Day of Visibility? Start with my pronouns.” from Medium, by former PFLAG National staffer Rakhel Silverman.
- “The history of nonbinary genders is longer than you know” from thetempest.co
- “How Do I Use Your Pronouns Correctly?” from MyPronouns.org.
- “5 People Share What It Feels Like To Have Their Pronouns Affirmed” from Jamie LeClaire.
- “What You’re Actually Saying When You Ignore Someone’s Gender Pronouns” from Sam Dylan Finch with this graphic to summarize.
- “Agender People Debunk Myths About Their Identities” from Serena Sonoma.
- “Genderqueer and Non-Binary Genders,” a book edited by Christina Richards, Walter Pierre Bouman, and Meg-John Barker. Read it for free here.
- “Doctors Using a Transgender Patient’s Correct Pronouns is a Life or Death Matter,” from Teen Vogue